Five years ago today my "baby" was born. Labor was LONG and HARD and emotionally and physically draining...and we were just dying to see if we were having a boy or a girl! As soon as Jacob lifted the baby into my line of vision I was able to make my exciting announcement "ITS A BOY!!!!" and he was finally in my arms! What a glorious moment it is to see the love husband and wife share manifested into flesh! Jacob and I fell in love all over again as we shared these first glimpses at our precious son. We were absolutely delirious with excitement and exhaustion all at the same time. I knew it then but I know it so much more now that we are so very blessed by this baby! As I look at Curtis today I can not believe I have been a mommy for five years! I can still picture my enormous belly with two little bumps sticking out just under my right ribs, he was such a kicker then, now hes our little kangaroo kicking his way to sleep every night. He is ever our cuddle bug constantly nursing back then and sleeping nestled into mommy's armpit every night. And does he ever still loves his snuggles with Mommy and Daddy! I pray he never grows out of that personality trait! You have such an honest and gentle soul I pray that God gives us the wisdom to protect your innocent heart always. We love you so very much sweet boy and are so proud of the little man you are growing to be! You are our constant joy and delight and we are honored to be your parents. Happy fifth birthday love!
No comments:
Post a Comment