I'm Thinking: About the stages of life. How quickly they pass by and how I want to savor every second of each one with both of my boys. My neices and nephews and my boys just grow up way too fast. Sometimes I find myself ready to "move on" to the next phase (read...challenging twos) but really I LOVE watching kids grow and change and I am most definitely going to enjoy the entire journey...not just the "easy" phases.
I'm listening to: The sounds of a curious...sometimes mischevious little man playing with everything in our house that isn't a toy. And the leaves rustling about outside. Love having the window open!
From the Kitchen: A pot roast and sweet potatoes tonight. Jacobs last night in town so we are going to enjoy this cool weather with a nice warm meal. I'm eager to get out my taco soup recipe soon too. Also, been thinking about making my sweet potato bread soon. This cool weather makes me want to bake something for sure.
Outside my window: Its cold! Yesterday was the first day we could finally open up our windows and enjoy fall. I'm sure it wont stick around for too long so we better soak it up while we can!
I'm wearing: my favorite PJ's. I got really excited this morning when I realized it was finally cold enough to pull out my winter PJ's. I love my super soft long sleeve black ones. Definitely going to be wearing those as often as possible.
To live the liturgy: We FINALLY got back to our evening family rosary. We have missed this terribly and tried to bring it back a few times already. We are forging ahead with this instrumental prayer and making it happen. No. Matter. What.
I'm praying for: Safe travels for the Groves. We CAN NOT WAIT to see our dear friends!!! We discuss the plans and the timeline at least three times a day around here. Everyone is eagerly anticipating the reunion.
For NFP at St. Laurence. We are really hoping to get all three classes required for all engaged couples and have a meeting set up with our priest in December. Wont you please join me in prayer for that?!
For Jacob, Travis, and Mike as they head to New Orleans to celebrate their 30th birthdays. I'm praying this trip is as epic as the trips they took for their 18th and 21st birthdays. They are such a wonderful testament to true friendship. They have been through a lot together and we are so thankful for their continued presence in our family!
I'm thankful for: Jacobs job. It has been really busy and stressful and overwhelming this year for Jacob. Yet, I know that we are so blessed by the perks of the travel and the flexibility of being "his own boss". He got an award yesterday and his sweet boss made sure to tell him that his wife and children were recieving the award too. Its nice to realize that as hard as he is working, he is being appreciated and that they realize he is making a lot of sacrifices to provide for his family.
Around the house: Our kitchen table is absolutely filthy. I think Nicholas has shoved yogurt in every crevice of his corner of the table. I have got to get on that today! I finally got out my fall decorations yesterday too. All five of them :)
Some plans for the rest of the week: Soccer practice tonight. Sending Jacob off to New Orleans tonight. Zoo Boo tomorrow with Jessica. More Soccer this weekend. Seeing my first God Daughter next week. Been way too long!
A picture thought worth sharing: Nicholas loves nap time. This particular day he couldn't wait for us to be ready for naps. He found a nice place to rest :)
No comments:
Post a Comment