Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Anniversary Fun & Loving Nicholas

Jacob and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last week with a fantastic night at the Marriott near the Galleria. We had a free night because of Jacob's last travel for work (got to love our Marriott rewards card!) and the owner upgraded our FREE night to a king suite, gave us a bottle of sparking cider (no champagne for me!), a rose, chocolates, and breakfast. Did I mention this was all FREE? It was great! Jacob and I had a wonderful night together and ate super yummy food at Bucca Di Beppo.

Nicholas is doing well and getting big. I definitely feel like the world can tell I am pregnant now. I am thankful to begin looking pregnant and not just kinda chubby! Yesterday was the first time a total stranger recognized that I was pregnant, yeah! Then today I told our photographer and she still didn't believe me...funny! We are 18 weeks and a few days, I can hardly believe we are almost half way there!

Curtis has decided he is ready for potty training this week. We will see if he fizzles out or keeps going until he is really done with diapers. He gets really excited when it happens but sometimes still refuses to get on the potty. He isn't a bribe kinda kid and really doesn't like sweets too much. We are still trying to figure out how we can make it more exciting for him to try...Moms out there any suggestions??

We have a busy few weeks coming up with a friends rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend topped off by a birthday party for one of our favorite little guys! Next week is bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and wedding for my cousin Megan in College Station. Two weeks after that we are going to Galveston with my side of the family. Hopefully this will make for some fun blogs this month!

I'll leave you with two cute pictures from the 4th of Curtis and his best buddy Clare!

2 comments:

Emily said...

We have a sticker chart for Anna. Sometimes it works sometimes not. She isn't really enticed by anything, it is more just about what she wants to do at the time. But she gets excited about the sticker sometimes so I go with it.

Kim said...

Wait until they are ready. If you feel like you are forcing him and he refuses to go, then just stop. It makes it a lot harder. Anytime he seems interested take him to the potty. My kids loved to potty at other places, like McDonalds.(I bought a potty sit to travel with. We praised them constantly and I think with one of mine we had a "I went to the potty party!" Another tip... give him more juice/water during a meal or snack and say let's go try the potty. Books and magazines are great for them to look at in the bathroom. With Aaron we put cheerios in the potty.. that was a lot of fun! My advice make it fun and exciting and not something that seems like a drag.. My first two were not potty trained until they were 3. I better stop.. I could go on and on!