Thursday, August 9, 2007

I heart my daddy


Okay, everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE my father. I talk about him constantly and am an absolute daddy's girl. He is most definitely one of my favorite people in the entire world. Besides being a fantastic father, loving husband, and compassionate grandfather, he is just a wonderful person. He would give you the shirt off of his back in an instant, family or not. I have always admired my father for his incredible selflessness. He has an amazing way of hitting you with the truth without being judgemental or self-righteous. His unwavering faith is my example. Last but certainly not least he is the rock and the glue of my life and of his family. He is our strength. So seeing him in a hospital bed this weekend was an absolute nightmare. Let me back up and tell you that the Schwartz side of my family doesn't exactly have a good healthy family history. Besides the infamous Schwartz belly and chin (Thanks a lot for those genes dad!) the cholesterol and triglyceride numbers are absolutely astounding in pretty much everyone in our family. My grandfather had twelve brothers and sisters and eleven of them died of heart attacks. Scary stuff! My father has always taken the best of care of his health and I am really proud of the way he keeps up with his preventative tests and medicines. Still, despite all of that I have always feared that he would inherit the fate of his father. So Saturday morning when I got the phone call that dad was in the hospital with chest pains I really thought my fears had come true. Seeing him lie in that bed was horrible for me but even worse for him. Being our rock I know it killed him to have us see him lying there feeling weak. Praise God that throughout the weekend the doctors ruled out the possibility of a heart attack. He has been poked and prodded and tested with no real answer but his heart is very healthy. Thank you to all of you who were a support to my family through this scare. Dad your the best...don't ever do that to us again!!!

1 comment:

Kim and Judy said...

OK Jillian....you made me sob! Your daddy is fine and promises that he does not plan on scaring us like that anytime soon!